Sunday, June 8, 2014

Jurassic Park

This weekend I took the girls on a roadtrip to eastern Utah for a co-worker's wedding, and then we camped with some friends.  John was running a race in Idaho, so he didn't come with us.  Here the girls are dressed up for the wedding. 
 
 
Playing Crazy 8s at the campsite with our friend George. This was my first time camping with both girls, and they did awesome.  They slept in the tent all night without waking up, didn't complain about dirty feet (a miracle), and had lots of fun playing outside.
 
On Sunday we drove to Dinosaur National Park near the Colorado border. 
 
 
This is the Quarry. It's a real life Jurassic Park in there.
 
 
 The land where dinosaurs once roamed.  And Sophie still in her Doc McStuffins pajamas.

2 comments:

Aunt Renee' said...

Looks like it was a fun trip. I may need information on the dinosaur park for the future. I am mostly interested in the Doc McStuffins pjs. If she isn't singing a Frozen song, Cadence is playing with her Doc McStuffins medical bag. See you guys soon. Where did John race and how long of a race?

Mr. Glime said...

Hi Aunt Renee', I 'raced' in the mountains outside of Pocatello. It was a 60k (37 mile) race, but I didn't finish. At one point in the middle of the day the trail passed by where my car was parked so I decided it would be much more fun to go swimming at the city swimming pool instead. My motivation to finish was obviously lacking. I only ran 24 miles... drinking lemonade by the pool reading a book was much more fun!